Saturday 19 February 2011

Typography - wine label sketchbook




  
I want the type on the bottle to resemble the round shape of the grapes, each of these has very circular  shapes, I think century gothic is the best example though the Sharp edges give it a serious feel I would something more informal.


I found these two similar fonts on dafont.com
when i found these and downloaded them i knew i was looking for the rounded letters and thought id  found two similar examples only today when creating the image did i realise how close they are the only difference being the spacing(which is easily adjusted) and the tails on some letters. They both seem to be derivatives of century gothic with curved edges. Without realising i have picked exactly what i was looking for.

I think i will use comfortaa as the letters look more grape shaped without the tails.


No comments:

Post a Comment